Recipe by drbecca26
This is a very hearty grain salad that can be served as a side or eaten on its own as a light lunch. Sometimes I use a balsamic vinaigrette in place of the Italian dressing, depending on what I have made up.
Top Review by Busy Student
This was delicious. I didn't have Italian dressing or green onions, so I substituted Asian Ginger dressing and cilantro. Thanks for the great and easy dinner idea. (We actually enjoyed it both hot and cold.)
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup shelled roasted salted pistachio nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wheat berries and wild rice with 3 and 1/3 cups water in rice cooker and set to cook.
- Mix Italian dressing, honey mustard, basil and salt in small bowl and set aside.
- Combine cooked wheat berries and wild rice with cranberries and green onion. Toss with dressing mixture.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours. Just before serving, stir in nuts.