Recipe by mersaydees
From William Davis, MD’s book, Wheat Belly Cookbook. He says, “These simple tortillas provide the starting place for endless variations: Mexican tortillas filled with sautéed poblano chile peppers and bell peppers, Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and salsa; Asian wraps with chicken, scallions, shredded fresh ginger, and hoisin sauce or Asian dipping sauce; and Mediterranean wraps filled with spinach, sliced olives and avocado, and feta cheese, drizzled with olive oil…. Tortillas and wraps are, of course, portable and are therefore useful to pack for lunches.” Per serving: 205 calories, 11 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 16 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 9 g fiber, 136 mg sodium.
- 1 cup golden flax seed, ground
- 4 tablespoons almond meal or 4 tablespoons almond flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare a large baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Add flaxseeds, almond meal/flour, and salt to a medium bowl and whisk together. Whisk in the eggs just until combined. Divide the dough into 4 equal balls.
- Using 2 pieces of parchment paper, roll each ball between pieces until 6” round. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until golden.