Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Love Banana Bread, but wanted a little healthier version with Wheat flour instead. This one hits the mark!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup applesauce or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a loaf pan with Pam and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together mashed banana, sugar, honey, vanilla applesauce (or veg oil) and eggs.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and fold together until just combined.
- Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake in center of oven for 1hr to 1hr 10min, until center of bread is set.
- Allow to cool in pan ten minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice ad serve.