Recipe by Kzim4
These are a variation of a recipe posted here already. I've increased the amount of mix and made a few changes to the ingredients to use what I usually have on hand.
Top Review by TrebleClef
I made these so that my toddler could still have something nutritious to eat on bleary-eyed morinings, and I wouldn't have to think too hard before sucking down my first cup of coffee. :) These are yummy slathered with blackberry preserves!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats, finely ground in a food processor
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup instant dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- Stir wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour 1 cup batter into preheated waffle iron (or amount directed in manufacturer's instructions). Bake until golden brown.
- Let cool. Separate individual waffles with waxed paper and place into freezer bag. Freeze until ready to serve.
- Reheat in toaster.