Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is similar to the pineapple casserole you make with Ritz crackers. Slightly different but kids seem to LOVE it as well as adults. I serve this as a side to pork a lot of the time.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans peaches, halves well drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 2 quart casserole dish and layer the bottom with one layer of peaches.
- Over the peaches, sprinkle 1/3 of the brown sugar and then on top of the brown sugar, use 1/3 of the crackers to make a layer.
- Repeat the layering, starting again with the peaches, two more times.
- Pour the melted butter over the entire top layer.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the crumbs are slightly brown.
- Serve hot or at room temp, depending on your preference.