1/1 Photo of Whatever Floats Your Boat Vegetable Soup -- Leftovers!
Save bits of leftover vegetables (of YOUR CHOICE) in a jar, in the freezer -- when the jar is full, make soup! For my family of five, I saved vegetables in a quart jar. Serve with cornbread or bread sticks, and a fruit salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart leftover vegetables (black beans, kidney beans, navy beans, baby lima beans, edamame, corn, hominy, etc)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 2 russet potatoes (diced) or 2 sweet potatoes (diced)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules or 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian tomatoes (basil, garlic, and oregano ~ with juice)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn (optional)
- leftover cooked beef (optional) or cooked chicken (optional)
- cilantro (to garnish) or Italian parsley (to garnish)
- 1Thaw leftover vegetables of your choice. Set aside.
- 2In a large saucepan, saute diced onions in 2 tablespoons olive oil for about 3 minutes; add minced garlic and saute for about 1 minute more.
- 3Add diced potatoes, water, salt, beef or chicken granules, and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat ~ simmer until potatoes are tender but not falling apart (about 10 minutes).
- 5Add thawed leftover vegetables. Bring back to heat.
- 6Add tomatoes (with juice) and optional Worcestershire sauce and corn. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- 7Taste for needed seasonings.
- 8Add leftover cooked beef or chicken, if desired, and heat through.
- 9Garnish with cilantro or parsley ~ Serve with cornbread or bread sticks, and a fruit salad.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whatever Floats Your Boat Vegetable Soup -- Leftovers!
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 309.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: