This was sent by a friend who described it as chocolatey and silky. If I can get my kids to eat zucchini without complaining about it, I'm game!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup oleo
- 3 eggs, large
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Grease and flour a 9x13 pan. Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cream sugars, salt, vanilla, oil and oleo. Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa.
- Add powdered mixture and shredded zucchini alternatively to the cream mixture.
- Fold in nuts (optional) and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool, frost with your favorite icing.