Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is quick, easy and not burgers or meatloaf. You can make it with items usually found in most pantries.
- 16 -20 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄2-1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or more)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chopped vegetables, broccoli and cauliflower work well (optional)
- Brown turkey.
- Add onion and garlic (and the optional veggies) and cook, stirring occasionally until onions are soft and the vegies are tender.
- Add every thing else.
- Heat through.
- Taste test. Add curry if necessary. Or more garlic.
- Serve with whole wheat naan or brown rice or whole wheat pita.
- If you add too much curry and it is too hot, serve with a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt.
Being that I didn't have very many veggies to choose from in our house (our fault not yours), it was lacking in the veggie department, BUT with the spices it was quite AMAZING! We had this served over some brown rice. I will have to make this again with some broccoli, califlower, mushrooms, carrots, and celery I'm thinking......and perhaps a bit more curry with perhaps some pepper. I will be making this again, that's for sure!!!!!!!!
This was an amazing way to use ground turkey & include all the veggies & spices I love! Thank you. The 1st time I made it following recipe exact. I could barely taste the curry. It was a bit bland & unexciting...so this 2nd time I used 1/2 lb of turkey breakfast sausage I bought on sale & 1/2 lb of ground turkey (I'll save the other 1/2's for next time) to spice things up a bit...doubled the curry & garlic, 1 cup of onions, 1/8 tsp. pepper & a 12 oz. bag of baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower mix. Simmered on low till all was was tender and spices nicely stewed in, about 30 min. Served with flatbread pockets & dollop of sour cream! Absolutely deeee-licious!!!!
Enjoyed this dish. I doubled the curry, for extra vegetables added frozen package of broccoli, califlower and carrots, added some frozen corn and sliced up a zucchini. I also added diced tomatoes with jalapeno peppers. I served it over the brown rice and lentil recipe on this site. It was great and plan to repeat.