Top Review by Sweet Baboo
This made excellent bread which stayed quite moist. I used the bread machine to make the dough, and it couldn't have been easier...a wonderful way to use up left-over egg yolks.
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 1/4 ounce envelope)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 10" tube pan and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine the yeast, 1 tsp.
- of the sugar and the warm water.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the milk, butter, oil, zest, remainider of the sugar and salt. Stir into the yeast mixture. Add the egg yolks, stirring well.
- Add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition to incorporate the flour thoroughly.
- Knead 5-10 minutes, until the dough is smooth, elastic and satiny.
- Knead in the cran berries and pecans.
- Put the dough back in the bowl, cover the bowl and let the dough rise at room temperature until it is doubled in bulk.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat down the risen dough for about a minute. Place the dough into the buttered tube pan and allow it to rise at room temperature until it is doubled in bulk.
- Preheat the oven to 375 .
- Bake the bread for 45-50 minutes or until it is dark golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Place on a rack to cool or serve warm.
- Once cooled, the bread is also excellent sliced and toasted.
- Recipe By : Diane Mott Davidson, Killer Pancakes