Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A very decadent slice with a very yummy caramel flavour.
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 (400 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2⁄3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped (hazlenuts are nice too)
- 210 g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Grease and line a 19 cm x 28 cm x 2 cm baking tray.
- Put flour and sugar in a bowl and rub the butter in until it looks like dry breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and mix in.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead a little.
- Press dough into tray and bake for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and reduce the heat to 145 degrees celsius.
- Pour half of the condensed milk on top of base then sprinkle the coconut, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour remaining condensed milk over this and return to oven or 40 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for about 2 hours before cutting into squares.