Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Don't think of this as wasteful...instead remember it's healthy!
Make and share this What Happened? Egg Salad Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 8 large egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt, non-fat
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, fat-reduced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- Prepare hard-cooked eggs.
- Cool & shell.
- THROW OUT SEVEN YOLKS! -- or -- feed to your dog like I do (not all at once though).
- Chop remaining egg whites and one yolk.
- Combine with rest of ingredients except bread & lettuce.
- Make sandwiches using egg mixture and lettuce.
Eggscellent. While not as rich as the typical egg salad, this has every bit as much flavor and a lot more crunch. I didn't miss all that cholesterol. This is now my default egg salad. Thanks, Happy Harry #2.