Recipe by breezermom
This has something in it that you normally don't put into a salad, but it works! This is great for summer potlucks or barbecues...no mayo. Best if made a day ahead, but you can chill for a couple of hours and still enjoy it! Prep time does not include chilling time! Original recipe from Taste of Home.
Top Review by Debbwl
A nice side for our family barbecue. Making 24 hours ahead allows the flavors to mellow. Made almost as written the only change I made was not measuring the yellow squash or zucchini just used one whole one of each which was more like a cup of each. Thanks so much for the post.
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow squash, diced
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, onion, yellow squash, zucchini, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, cumin and salt.
- Drizzle over the salad ingredients and toss to coat. Cover and chill, preferably 24 hours, but you can serve after 2 hours.