Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my favourite dish that mom makes. She made this for tonight and I asked the recipe! It@s soooo simple to make and anyone can make it!! Tonight, mom made with garlic soy sauce instead of using salt and pepper which worked really well!! To make garlic soy sauce, you just put a lot of whole garlic without skin into soy sauce and leave it for a while. It's better to use after 4 or 5 days later. The flavor of the garlic much develop. This goes well with rice!!
- 2 large potatoes, cut into long thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 green peppers, cut into long strips
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the long thin strips of potatoes into the water to remove the starch content of the potatoes.
- leave them for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic.
- Drain the potatoes well from water and add into the pan.
- Stir the potatoes until potatoes go half clear.
- Add green pepper and continue to stir for about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to tast.
- Then serve and eat!
This was a nice sidedish. I felt the directions to be a bit vague. I had to put the lid on the pan and turn the heat to low/med to get the potatoes to cook completely. I may have had them too thick. But the flavor was really nice. I served them along side Mini meatloaf.