Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Serves 8. My Grannie was a great down-home cook but I don't want to spend all weekend making her from-scratch dressing recipe. I've taken some modern shortcuts and eliminated some of the old-style things you might miss...such as giblets, some boiled eggs chopped in, fresh celery or whatever was on hand. This is a recipe for city folks who remember a south Georgia Grannie's farm cooking. The magic seems to be in the poultry seasoning, which is absolutely essential for getting the right flavor (to me.)
- 1 (16 ounce) packagepepperidge farm cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) packagestove top cornbread stuffing mix
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 cup sweet cream salted butter (melted)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- Pour Pepperidge Farm stuffing into 9 x 13" pan (2" deep) and mix in half of the Stove Top.
- Sprinkle top w/ poultry seasoning& parsley; mix well.
- Add chicken broth and let stand for 15 minutes to reconstitute the bread.
- Sprinkle on dried minced onion.
- Stir in eggs, then melted butter.
- Add remaining Stove Top.
- (pan will be full!) Bake at 350*F for 1.5 hours
- Keep warm& serve.
We tried this and it worked out perfectly for Christmas dinner. thanks