Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup and water in a large, heavy saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves and the syrup is clear.
- Boil for 2 minutes without stirring.
- Add the walnuts, bring back to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Serve and store at room temperature.
- Stir well before using.
- Variations: Fall Walnut Topping: Add 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup chopped dried figs along with the nuts.
- Process with the recipe as indicated.
- Walnut Whiskey Topping: Add 1/4 cup whiskey to the finished topping.