My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the sugar, corn syrup and water in a large, heavy saucepan and place over medium heat.
- 2Stir until the sugar dissolves and the syrup is clear.
- 3Boil for 2 minutes without stirring.
- 4Add the walnuts, bring back to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 6Serve and store at room temperature.
- 7Stir well before using.
- 8Variations: Fall Walnut Topping: Add 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup chopped dried figs along with the nuts.
- 9Process with the recipe as indicated.
- 10Walnut Whiskey Topping: Add 1/4 cup whiskey to the finished topping.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wet Walnut Topping
Serving Size: 1 (1012 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1089.8
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 75.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 164.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 99.0 g
- Protein 11.8 g