Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
My son's grandmother taught me how to make this wet spanish rice. I like it better than the dry rice. I usually season by taste so the season amounts are a guess. Also actual cooking time may vary depending on rice.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can water
- Melt butter in sauce pan over med-high heat. Add rice and "saute" until brown.
- Add tomato sauce, green chilies, water and spices. You may need to add more water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer until rice is done. You may need to add water as you go.
- NOTE: When adding sauce and water it may splatter so be careful.