Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Even plain vanilla or chocolate ice cream is special with this topping. Buying this at the store is so expensive! Make your own and save. Store in the refrigerator; keeps for several weeks. Cooking time included in preparation time because of stirring. If you like the texture to be a bit crunchy, bake the nuts in a 350ºF oven for 5-7 minutes first. NOTE: Adding a tablespoon of Wet Nuts to your morning bowl of oatmeal is an easy way to sweeten it and add texturel!
- 1 cup white corn syrup (Karo preferred)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups walnuts (whole or chopped) or 2 cups pecans (whole or chopped)
- Bring Karo syrup, brown sugar, butter and milk to a slow boil over medium heat, stirring well.
- Lightly boil for 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and nuts, stir well and allow to cool.
I cut the recipe in half because I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I should have known it would be awesome! So much better than Martha Stewart's recipe!
I'm sure this recipe is delightful. BUT....I simply poured honey over chopped walnut pieces and the results were spectacular. Prep time: 15 seconds. ;))
My family loved it. We had ice cream sundae's for Mothers Day and this was the star. Very easy and quick to make.I didn't change a thing and will deffinately use this recipe everytime we have ice cream.YUM YUM GOOD !!!!!