Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Even plain vanilla or chocolate ice cream is special with this topping. Buying this at the store is so expensive! Make your own and save. Store in the refrigerator; keeps for several weeks. Cooking time included in preparation time because of stirring. If you like the texture to be a bit crunchy, bake the nuts in a 350ºF oven for 5-7 minutes first. NOTE: Adding a tablespoon of Wet Nuts to your morning bowl of oatmeal is an easy way to sweeten it and add texturel!
- 1 cup white corn syrup (Karo preferred)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups walnuts (whole or chopped) or 2 cups pecans (whole or chopped)
- Bring Karo syrup, brown sugar, butter and milk to a slow boil over medium heat, stirring well.
- Lightly boil for 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and nuts, stir well and allow to cool.
My family loved it. We had ice cream sundae's for Mothers Day and this was the star. Very easy and quick to make.I didn't change a thing and will deffinately use this recipe everytime we have ice cream.YUM YUM GOOD !!!!!
Delicious! Used as an icecream topping,a nd I was wanting a second helping just for this. Thanks for posting~!
Oh Lordy!!!! This is to die for.I made it and everyone raved about it.It sure did dress up plain old vanilla ice cream.I cut the amount of nuts in half because I wanted more of the caramel,I also toasted the pecans .Next time I think I will try some Rum Extract in place of Vanilla.Thanx for sharing such a good recipe