Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the most moist chocolate cake I have ever had. This is another recipe that was handed down through the generations from my husband side of the family. The ingredients are strange, but put them together and WOW! I have never met a human on earth who doesn't love this cake.
- 3 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons Nestles Quik (chocolate milk mix)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups water (cold or room temp.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix in all wet ingredients and blend on medium speed until smooth. (Batter will be very runny).
- Pour into ungreased 13x9 pan or 2 9x9 pans or cupcake tins.
- Bake for approximately 35 to 40 minutes for 13x9 pan.
- 20 to 25 minutes for 9x9 pans.
- 25 to 30 minutes for cupcakes.
- Note: You will know the cake is done when you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Sometimes with the 13x9 pan, I take it out when it's still a little squishy in the middle. It will finish baking while it cools.
- This cake is VERY moist, so don't over bake it!
- Frosting options from zaar:.
- Recipe #33520.
- Recipe #103762 (I use the coffee frosting from this recipe - it's always a big hit).
- You can just make the peanut butter frosting recipe with no peanut butter and it will just be a plain butter cream frosting if you wish.
I give this recipe 3 stars for taste, because it actually did taste pretty good. The problem I had is that I did not use cupcake liners intentionally, and these cupcakes stuck to the pan (even after a generous coating of spray) unlike anything I've seen in many years. I would not recommend this cake for much decorating because it is so tender and falls apart easily. I had to use a box mix after this one failed.
Wowee!! This is the best chocolate cake I have ever had! A different looking recipe, but delish-ee-o-so!!!! It's great without frosting and perfectly moist....and I'm not the only one who thinks so...my daughter and son-in-law have always asked me to make a red velvet cake for their birthdays, but after trying this awesome cake, they have changed their favorite to the "Wet Chocolate Cake"!
I made these thinking they would be really good. I followed the directions and added all of the ingredients stated, but they turned out instant tasting and bland. Yuck, I will not make these again!!!!