1/5 Photos of Wet Chocolate Cake / Cupcakes
Sarah in New York's Note:
This is the most moist chocolate cake I have ever had. This is another recipe that was handed down through the generations from my husband side of the family. The ingredients are strange, but put them together and WOW! I have never met a human on earth who doesn't love this cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix together dry ingredients.
- 3Mix in all wet ingredients and blend on medium speed until smooth. (Batter will be very runny).
- 4Pour into ungreased 13x9 pan or 2 9x9 pans or cupcake tins.
- 5Bake for approximately 35 to 40 minutes for 13x9 pan.
- 620 to 25 minutes for 9x9 pans.
- 725 to 30 minutes for cupcakes.
- 8Note: You will know the cake is done when you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Sometimes with the 13x9 pan, I take it out when it's still a little squishy in the middle. It will finish baking while it cools.
- 9This cake is VERY moist, so don't over bake it!
- 10Frosting options from zaar:.
- 12Mocha Brownies With Coffee Frosting (I use the coffee frosting from this recipe - it's always a big hit).
- 13You can just make the peanut butter frosting recipe with no peanut butter and it will just be a plain butter cream frosting if you wish.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wet Chocolate Cake / Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.6
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 419.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 35.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g