Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are good with canned refried beans, but really excellent with Smashed Pinto Beans. It will not use the whole batch of beans, but there are many ways to serve those leftovers.
- 1 cooked chicken breasts or 1 equivalent turkey
- 15 ounces refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 7 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 15 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 6 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (Kraft's Mexican cheese mix is good)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- Remove skin from chicken or turkey if it's there. Shred into bite-sized pieces.
- If you are using canned refried beans, mix them with the taco sauce. You can use salsa too. The point is to loosen up the beans a little.
- Lay out tortillas. In each one, put some beans and chicken. Roll up in normal burrito fashion. As each tortilla is rolled up, put in a pan.
- When finished filling and rolling tortillas, pour enchilada sauce over them.
- Cover top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Top with sour cream.
Comfort food that is easy cut down to serve two. We thought the flavors came together nicely and it was very easy to make. This recipe wade using fat free cheese which does not melt well but did melt fairly well on these also used whole wheat tortillas. Thanks for the post.
I just made these, using tomato-jalapeno tortillas and wrapped them like enchiladas. They were quite yummy. Thanks for the recipe.
Yummy! I made these as directed, but I wrapped them more like an enchilada - to fit into my pan, lol. I used some leftover chicken and a Mexican cheese blend. Easy and tasty. Thanks Debbie. Made for 123 Tag.