Recipe by Vamy
I love this recipe, I made it up after years of experimenting. All who eat this love it! :)
Top Review by LiisaN
Loved these! I never would have thought to combine enchilada sauce with beef gravy -- what a huge difference! I did bake mine in the oven - however, I love the possibility to just microwave. This would be a very easy partial make-ahead that my teenaged son would be able to put together for himself. Loads of flavor and open possibilities! Thanks!
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopemccormick taco seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) canold el paso enchilada sauce (I use medium, but you can use mild, hot, or medium to your tastes)
- 1 (12 ounce) jarheniz beef gravy
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese (or more to your liking, I like lots of cheese!)
- chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground sirloin until no longer pink, add envelope of burrito seasoning and one cup of water, simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Mix gravy & enchilada sauce together in a bowl (I use a whisk and it mixes much faster).
- Put tortillas in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Spoon equal amounts of meat mixture onto each tortilla, then equal amounts of refried beans (optional)then I usually put onion, tomatoes, and lettuce on top of meat and beans, but you can use whatever combo you like, then roll each up. Ladle sauce mixture in equal amounts over each burrito, then top each with 4 ounces of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Microwave for about 2 1/2 minutes or until cheese is all melted. Put sour cream on top (optional) Enjoy!