Westward Ho Flank Steak Sandwiches
- Prepare Horseradish Sauce:.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, horseradish, lime juice and oregano. Cover and chill.
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, coriander, salt and pepper: set aside.
- In a 12" nonstick or cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium low heat. Add onions, garlic, and 2 teaspoons of spice mixture(half). Cook, covered, for 13-15 minutes until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover; cook and stir over medium high heat for 5-8 minutes more or until onions are golden. Remove from skillet; set aside. Wipe the skillet clean.
- If using flank steak, score meat on both sides by making shallow cuts at 1" intervals diagonally across steak in a diamond pattern. Rub steak on both sides with the remaining half of the spice mixture.
- Heat the same skillet over medium high heat until very hot. Add steak and cook, covered, for 12-16 minutes or until meat is medium rare(145*F.), turning once. Remove meat from skillet to cutting board; cover with foil. Let steak stand 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves and steak on bottoms of rolls. Top with onions, dollop with horseradish sauce. Add roll tops. Enjoy!