Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
North German hot pasta dish from Schaller & Weber.
Make and share this Westphalian Tortellini recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare tortellini according to directions on package.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter.
- Add ham and saute for one minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and bring to a boil.
- Add cooked tortellini and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
I do not know what Westphalian ham is. I made this with ham steaks from Walmart. The first time I had this was at a restaurant in Canada when I was 16, and this recipe is almost as good. The dish I had in Canada had mushrooms and the ham had a smokier flavor.
Very quick and easy. I loved the combination of flavors! My grocery store had 1 and 2 pound bags of frozen peas, so I used the 1 pound bag. We love peas in this family, but it still seemed like a lot of peas in the dish - might possibly use 1/2 a bag in future. Thanks for a great recipe!!!