Top Review by Nana Lee
I made this with a nut crust b/c I'm low carbing. The taste was good but I have to measure it against cheesecakes made with all cream cheese and find this not quite the same. Also the cornstarch left me with a slightly dry taste on my tongue. All in all it was good, but I really prefer the all cream cheese version. Lee
- shortbread (prepared from another recipe)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese, Small Curd
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, Granulated
- 4 large eggs, Separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 Pk.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Press the cottage cheese through a sieve.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter with the sugar, do not beat, then add the egg yolks and vanilla.
- Blend until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese, cottage cheese and cornstarch and blend well.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks; then fold them into the cheese batter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for about 1 hour or until the top is a golden brown.
- Leave the cake in the oven to cool for 2 hours then chill.