Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is not a fabulous recipe, the goal here is to get beans and carrots in my child. My son is diabetic and I am always trying to get him to eat healthy. This is his favorite chili, Only he doesn't like beans or carrots! I think its a full course meal when served with a big glass of milk. Most carbs are from the beans. I blend the carrots and beans up in the blender with tomato juice, he will never know.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 23 ounces tomato juice (more or less)
- 6 ounces carrot baby food
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- Fry hamburger and onion in skillet, drain off grease.
- Stir in chili powder.
- Blend beans, carrots and tomato juice in blender.
- Add together.
- Heat and serve.