Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you enjoy a little western spice, you will love this dish.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn kernel, thawed
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped fresh
- preheat oven 400.
- in a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- add onion and pepper cook 8min.
- till soft.
- add chili powder and cumin cook 1 min.
- add beef cook 4 min or till browned.
- stir in tomato sauce and corn.
- spoon mixture into 10" pie plate.
- Topping: in a large bowl combinecorn mix with egg and milk.
- spoon batter into decorating bag.
- pipe into shape of a cactus.
- sprinkle with chopped chives.
- bake until cactus is browned.