Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've tried lots of taco salads, and this remains my favorite. The Western dressing lends a wonderful sweetness that compliments the taco meat perfectly. Feel free to add other ingredients to your salad according to your personal preference. I add sliced black olives, crushed corn chips, and a dollop of sour cream to the top. I like to prepared this in a taco salad bowl Taco Salad Tortilla Bowl, which makes for a lovely presentation!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups corn chips or 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 oz.) or 1 cup Mexican blend cheese (about 4 oz.)
- western salad dressing (by Wishbone)
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onions over medium-high heat. Stir in Taco Seasoning Mix and continue preparing according to Taco Seasoning Mix package directions.
- On serving plate, arrange lettuce, tomato, cheese, meat, and any additional ingredients, and top with chips. Lightly drizzle with Wish-Bone® Western® Original Dressing. You could also toss the salad with a light coating of the dressing. For our weeknight dinners I usually prepare and assemble the salad and serve the dressing on the side.