Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't made baked beans in years, but use this recipe instead, since it is always requested.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans in tomato sauce, drained
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In heavy skillet over medium heat, saute onion in oil until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook, stirring frequently, until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
Beans make a frequent appearance at our family BBQ's - and these beans were great! I liked that the recipe includes some veggies too. A short list of ingredients means that these can be ready at a minutes notice. I poured everything into a crock-pot and they were just right after 8 hours.