Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
This recipe starts out with egg whites that are cooked in the microwave then cooked in a skillet with Canadian bacon, onion and bell pepper and topped off with some cheddar cheese. From The Most Decadent Diet Ever cookbook by Devin Alexander, author of The Biggest Loser Cookbook.
Top Review by Debbwl
A truly wonderful light and healthy scramble that is nice and yummy. Love that this used low fat cheese and that the serving and portion were both perfect. Thanks so much for the post.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4 large egg whites
- 59.14 ml Canadian bacon, but in 1/4-inch cubes
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 78.07 ml chopped green bell pepper
- 118.29 ml finely shredded 75% light cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly mist a medium microwave-safe bowl with spray. Put in the egg whites.
- Preheat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly mist it with spray. Place the bacon, onion and bell pepper in the skillet. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the onion and bell pepper are tender, but not browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave the egg whites on low for 30-second intervals until they are just a bit runny on top. Then stir with a fork, breaking the apart into large pieces. By the time you "scramble" and stir them, the residual heat should have cooked away the runniness. If they are still undercooked, microwave them on low in 10-second intervals until just done.
- Turn the heat under the skillet to low. Stir the eggs into the bacon mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with the cheese and cover until the cheese melts, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate or bowl and serve immediately.