Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Quick and delicious. Onion and cheese add flavour to this tasty dish that pleases kids and adults alike.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- In a medium skillet brown ground beef.
- Stir in onion soup mix, water, rice, tomatoes and peas.
- Simmer about 30 minutes, stir in cheese cubes and continue simmering until they are soft and partially melted.
Dee, you made me a hero!! I made this for a family nearby with four young children and a newborn infant. You can imagine a very tired mom! I pretty much tripled the recipe. I was looking for something different then what the dad had been making almost every nite...spaghetti with cheese or grilled cheese sammies. Dad returned the casserole dish and asked if I would make it again and he would PAY me. So you can see, Dee, your recipes are good enough to sell!