Recipe by Leona
Another great recipe from the Otsmart Diabetes Cookbook. Great weekend Breakfast item. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Top Review by barbara
This had a really strange texture and broke up when you removed it from the pan. It was also too "mustardy", as that was the only thing you could taste. Were I to modify the recipe to improve it, I would cut the mustard at least in half and reduce the milk to 1/2 cup. That might help.
- 1 bunch scallion (sliced)
- 1 small green pepper (chopped)
- 2 ounces Canadian bacon (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat a pie pan with cooking spray.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Cook the scallions, bell pepper, and bacon for 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Spoon into the prepared pie pan.
- Top with the Cheddar.
- In a large bowl combine the milk, egg substitute, mustard, and nutmeg.
- Pour into the pie pan.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.