Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another great recipe from the Otsmart Diabetes Cookbook. Great weekend Breakfast item. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat a pie pan with cooking spray.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Cook the scallions, bell pepper, and bacon for 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Spoon into the prepared pie pan.
- Top with the Cheddar.
- In a large bowl combine the milk, egg substitute, mustard, and nutmeg.
- Pour into the pie pan.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
This had a really strange texture and broke up when you removed it from the pan. It was also too "mustardy", as that was the only thing you could taste. Were I to modify the recipe to improve it, I would cut the mustard at least in half and reduce the milk to 1/2 cup. That might help.
Tried this morning for breakfast and found it very appealing. Thanks very much.
My first effort trying cartoned eggwhites, very pleasing result!! I was out of onion and had no canned milk, so I used 2% regular milk, it came out lovely! Very nice flavour combination, loved the Canadian bacon. I will be doing this one again, thanks for posting! Came baack to tell you that I forgot to say I didn't bother with the pie plate, just poured the eggwhite mix over the stuff in the frypan, it worked great and only used one pan! Also was really surprized at how the whole thing puffed up in the oven without any beating of the mix!! Thanks again!!