Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a savory potato dish, great for potluck dinners, it also goes well with grilled foods. Enjoy!
Top Review by cincasue
YUMMY!! We REALLY enjoyed this dish. I didn't have any green chili, what???? Live in New Mexico and NO chili?? lol Anyway, I did have some jalapenos, so used them and some Ore Ida hashbrowns! Had with our grilled fillet migon. Next time, I will use the green chili and I think some bits of ham would be tasty. Had the leftovers for lunch the next day and they were fantastic!! Thanks for another great recipe. I can ALWAYS count on you.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use seasoned salt)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 medium cooked red potatoes, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Saute red pepper and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in soup, garlic powder, milk, chilies, salt, cayenne if desired and hot pepper sauce; heat through.
- Stir in 3/4 cup cheese until melted.
- Add potatoes and mix to combine.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.