1/1 Photo of Western Potatoes
This is a savory potato dish, great for potluck dinners, it also goes well with grilled foods. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional or to taste)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use seasoned salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 medium cooked red potatoes, cubed
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- 3Saute red pepper and onion in butter until tender.
- 4Stir in soup, garlic powder, milk, chilies, salt, cayenne if desired and hot pepper sauce; heat through.
- 5Stir in 3/4 cup cheese until melted.
- 6Add potatoes and mix to combine.
- 7Transfer to a greased baking dish.
- 8Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining cheese, bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 10Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Western Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.1
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 916.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 11.7 g