1/2 Photos of Western Macaroni and Cheese Dinner
WI Cheesehead's Note:
Can't remember if I got this off the Mac 'N Cheese box or where. It's a great way to change up plain old mac 'N cheese. Comfort food! If you have leftover fresh broccoli stems, chop them up and drop them in the boiling water with the noodles. I adjusted the recipe a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box prepared macaroni and cheese (pref. organic or natural)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn, thawed if frozen
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Prepare Macaroni & Cheese as package directs, adding fresh chopped broccoli, if using, in with the noodles.
- 3In a large ovenproof skillet (cast iron), brown meat, celery, green pepper and onion; cook until tender. Drain grease.
- 4Stir in corn, tomato paste, water, garlic salt, salt (if using) and pepper. Add noodle dinner; mix well.
- 5Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake at 350° F, 15 to 20 minute Or in microwave oven for 8 to 10 minute.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Western Macaroni and Cheese Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.0
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 400.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared macaroni and cheese