Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From The Southern Heritage Celebrations Cookbook.
Make and share this Western Kentucky-Style BBQ Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce, plus
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red peppers
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan, mixing well.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use sauce to baste chicken or ribs.