Recipe by Amanda Beth
Recipe from 400 Calorie Fix cookbook. According to the authors, each serving provides 280 calories, 17 g of fat, 16 g carbohydrates, and 19 g protein when made with eggs. Using egg substitute cuts out 80 calories.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 large eggs or 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat an oven proof skillet with cooking spray. Heat the skillet, then add olive oil. Cook onion and pepper until lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and milk together. Add to skillet and cook for 1 minute without stirring. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle egg mixture with cheese. Broil until cheese is browned and top of frittata is firm, about 1-2 minutes.
- Slice into 4 wedges and top with salsa.