Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this on an internet site around Christmas. I can't remeber which one though. It's an overnight casserole.
- 1 lb diced baked ham
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 loaf whole wheat bread, 12 - 18 slices
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook ham in oil until it sizzles. Add pepper, onion and mushrooms. Season to taste. Saute until tender.
- Beat eggs and milk in a medium bowl.
- Spray 13 X 9" casserole with Pam. Line with 1/3 bread; sprinkle with 1/2 ham mixture and 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat. Top with bread.
- Pour egg mixture over layers and top with cheese.
- Refrigerate 1-24 hours.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 1 hour or until set.
This serves a crowd for a nice breakfast. i will fix this again, but will leave out the mushrooms and double up on the eggs and milk. i also added swiss cheese to the cheddar. thank's for the post : )