Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a easy dinner for a great lunch or a quick dinner. I like to make these during the summer for my husband and I. yummy yummy
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cooked barbecued chicken (brand of your choice(I like Lloyd's, it comes in a 18 oz tub in meat section)
- 1⁄4 cup of finely shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons of chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes and prick several holes it them with fork tines. Place potatoes on microwave-safe plate and microwave potatoes on high for about 8 minutes or until potatoes are until tender. If you prefer, preheat oven to 375°F and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Microwave the chicken for 2 minutes or until heated through. Split potatoes in half lengthwise and place on individual plates. Top each with chicken, cheese, onion, and cilantro or parsley.