Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the easiest dish in the west to make! I buy my ground beef in bulk, then mix in seasonings before I freeze it- so I've always got seasoned ground beef ready to go for this recipe. This is great either with chips, as a casserole, or searved in tortillas. I always top mine with sour cream. Perfect for football parties. For my OAMC I just put all the ingredients expect the extra 1/2 cup cheese in a 1 gallon zip-loc bag, squish to mix, and freeze.
- 1 lb ground beef, lean, cooked, seasoned with taco seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can beans, ranch style
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- If cooking right away, pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup cheese in a large casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for another 15 minutes.
This is wonderful. Will definitely make again. Love OAMC. It save me tons of time every week. Keep the good recipes coming!!
I made this meal in advance before having my baby and it was so delicious after being frozen! We put it in tortillas and even dipped with chips. It is just me and my husband and we had leftovers for lunch the next day. I used rinsed, drained black beans instead of ranch style beans.
What a great find. I doubled the recipe and my husband took it to work to share. The guys loved it! It's a great hit at our house...and his work. Thanks for sharing!