Recipe by John DOH
Searching the Zaar, there are no recipe's on cooking relatively "small" hams on the BBQ, so thought I would postmy plan for a feast tomorrow for a small crowd
Directions See How It's Made
- I'm trying this out, so please feel free to comment!
- I'm taking my small bone in ham, and soaking it with a dark beer overnight with the garlic.
- Will place this on the BBQ tomorrow, on the "cool" side of my gas grill, and add a pile of soaked hickory chips on the "hot" side, and close the hood, allowing the ham to bhe "double smoked", skin, fat and all!
- Will cook to an internal tempy of 145, and I know the exterior will be "dore" (ie golden).
- As its smoking hot and humid here today and tomorrow, will try a Zaar potato salad recipe, my "Ultimate Beans" as a warm and spicey accompaniment, and some simple garden veggies (green pepper, cucumber, tomato, celery, radish, etc) along with a creamy PunchBowl Herb and Dill Dip --
- And carry up to the hospital where my wife works and serve it to the staff on a hot humid Sunday -- .