Recipe by Kaarin
This recipe is from The Best of Country Cooking. I've tried lots of black bean dips and this is my favorite!
Top Review by Anoushka
Really good. I swap chilli powder for cumin because it was for children. Used yellow onions and canned tomatoes. Once cooked, I blended everything with a hand blender for smooth texture. Then, I added 2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice (but lime juice would be better..) . Excellent for a party.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped, plus
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped, divided
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped, plus
- 1 tablespoon tomatoes, chopped, divided
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute beans, 1/2 cup onion, 1/2 cup tomato, salsa, garlic and chili powder in oil for 4-6 minutes, until heated through, gently smashing the beans.
- Remove from heat and stir in 3 tablespoons cheese and the cilantro.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; top with remaining onions, tomato and cheese.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.