Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A West Virginia, USA Favorite. Easy to make. Done on the stove top. No baking needed.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 lb diced dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (7 ounce) package shredded coconut
- In a large saucepan over low heat melt butter; add sugar, eggs and dates.
- Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thick.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla; add Rice Krispies and nuts.
- Shape into small balls and roll in coconut.
Outstanding. This tasty recipe has turned me into a date and coconut lover. I had this type of cookie before and I didn't know what it was;did a search on the zaar and lo and behold the answer to my prayers your recipe. Thanks a sweet bunch!
My mother-in-law gave me this exact recipe except she rolled the balls in powdered sugar. I just wanted to post this in case someone doesn't like coconut.
One of my favourite recipes for Christmas! I sometimes add 1/2 pkg marshmallows, craisins or raisins to the mix, increases the amount of cookies it makes and adds more fruit flavour. Easy and excellent!