Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my favorite tomato-based barbecue sauces. It's great on turkey, chicken, pork and, of course, beef! This is the sauce on turkey meatballs.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup water (optional)
- 1. In a medium bowl whisk together the ingredients in the order they are listed.
- 2. I enjoy using a mortar and pestle to grind the black pepper and cumin fresh but you can use pre-ground pepper and cumin.
- 3. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes (optional).