Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a box of cut-out recipes from my grandmother. I haven't made this so I have no comments.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4 teaspoons baking soda (in flour)
- 1⁄4 lb melted butter
- 1 lb dates
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup water
- Combine sugar, flour, soda, oats.
- Add melted butter.
- Place mixture in greased pan, then put over this the filling, and crumble rest of mixture and place on top.
- Pack mixture on bottom layer, and slightly pack down top crust.
- Bake in moderate ove 30 or 45 minutes.
- Place dates, flour, sugar, and water in sauce pan and cook until thick - stir constantly.
- Add vanilla and place over 1st crust, then place on 2nd crus, and bake as mentioned above.