8 hrs 20 mins
In ‘ The Southern Slow Cooker Bible’ by Tammy Algood
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the brisket and bay leaves in a large lightly greased slow cooker.
- 2In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the stock, Worcestershire, chili powder, liquid smoke, garlic salt, and pepper.
- 3Shake to emulsify and pour over the beef.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 5Cook on LOW for 8 hours or until the meat is tender.
- 6Place the beef on a cutting board with a liquid moat and cover with foil.
- 7Let meat rest for 15 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, strain the cooking liquid into a gravy boat and discard the solids.
- 9Thinly slice the brisket across the grain and serve warm with drizzles of the cooking juices.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for West Memphis Beef Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 117.1 mg
- Sodium 210.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 39.2 g