Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
In ‘ The Southern Slow Cooker Bible’ by Tammy Algood
- 1 (5 -6 lb) beef brisket
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the brisket and bay leaves in a large lightly greased slow cooker.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the stock, Worcestershire, chili powder, liquid smoke, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Shake to emulsify and pour over the beef.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Place the beef on a cutting board with a liquid moat and cover with foil.
- Let meat rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, strain the cooking liquid into a gravy boat and discard the solids.
- Thinly slice the brisket across the grain and serve warm with drizzles of the cooking juices.