Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was preparing an Indian-themed meal and this idea popped into my head to make an Indian flavored guacamole. Add the jalapeno only if it won't clash or compete with the other items on the menu and if you want additional heat.
- *NOTE: depending on the spiciness of your curry powder, start with 1/2 teaspoon and adjust as necessary.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado with the lemon juice and yogurt to prevent oxidizing.
- Add the other ingredients and blend well. Cover well and refrigerate.
- Best prepared about 1 hour in advance. Adjust seasoning before serving. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lemon slice if desired.
- Yield is estimated. Best eaten same day.
- Thank you, Char for the inspiration for this recipe!
Different and fun to try although zingy. I used asafetida powder (hing) and Penzey's sweet curry powder. Served with pita chips and fresh veggie sticks the dip was creamy. Thank you for sharing the recipe!