- 225 g filet of beef, sliced across the grain into pieces
- 4 cups stock (broth)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, dissolved in water
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate beef with corn flour, sugar, rice wine and soy sauce for 15 minutes.
- Bring the stock to boil.
- Add in the beef.
- Add in cornstarch solution when stock starts to boil again.
- Slowly add in the beaten egg whites while gently stirring the soup.
- Sprinkle a dash of black pepper and the chopped scallion to the soup.
- Remove the soup for serving.