Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Huey recipe.
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled & chopped
- vegetable oil
- 9.85-14.78 ml indian curry paste
- 4 chilies, chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 kg sweet potato, peeled & cut into chunks
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves of
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- vegetable stock
- Sauté celery, carrot and onion in a little vegetable oil until reasonably soft.
- Then add curry paste, chillies, garlic, sweet potatoes, bay leaves, thyme and parsley. Mix really well to coat with oil and add stock to cover. Bring to the boil and cook until vegies are tender.
- Remove bay leaves and blend, adding a little cream. Taste for seasoning.
Jules, we enjoyed this for lunch with fresh bread and butter. I used 1 chilli (ours are super hot) and the three teaspoons of paste. Another chilli would have blown our heads off ;-) I had to use dried thyme but it worked ok. *editing to add we ate the leftovers 2 days later with fresh chopped coriander and a good squeeze of lime juice stirred through. I thought this gave the flavour a huge lift and complimented the sweetness and spiciness really well.
Made this for tonight's tea! This is a DEFINATE keeper for me! Used red onion as is personal taste too! LOVE the "YEA HA" kick of chilies too! Sauteed veggies in stock TRUE! OH, used chicken stock instead of veggie as was "on the list" to use up for you know who! THANKS!
I made up this lovely soup to serve cold rather than hot. It was certainly not lacking in flavour and spicy enough. Served in cups with a little dollop of greek yoghurt and some minced parsley. It was very pretty and very good.