Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an Island Spice mix that is often used in Trini recipes. Posted in response to a recipe for Trini Doubles.
- Toast all the seeds in a dry skillet, stirring well, until they begin popping.
- Lower the heat and cook for an additional 5 minutes, taking care not to burn the seeds.
- Cool the seeds and grind them all together finely in a spice mill or with a mortar and pestle.
- Add the turmeric and mix well if you wish to make a curry powder. Add the habanero powder for a hotter masala.
- Store in a tightly closed container in your spice cabinet.