Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I took a great cooking class at a Whole Foods store. This is one of the great recipes I got that night. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs chicken, cubed, bite size
- 6 potatoes, 1/2 inch cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, . (garbanzo beans, could be canned)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caribbean habenero hot sauce
- Saute', over medium heat, the onion, curry powder, and oil until onion is lightly browned. Immediately add cubed chicken and potatoes. Cook for roughly 5 minutes. Add the chickpeas, green onion, cilantro, chicken stock, hot sauce, and salt to taste. Cover and simmer for approximately 25 minutes.
- **I usually serve with buttered noodles or some favorvul jasmine rice. MMMM -- .