- 5 cups French bread cubes, about 6 ozs
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup banana, mashed, about 2 large (very ripe)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the bread cubes and raisins.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, and pour over the bread cubes.
- Stir gently to mix, and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Coat a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the bread mixture evenly in the dish, and bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm, and refrigerate any leftovers.