Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT. From Besiki Sisauri's website on Georgian Cuisine. This is a very quick sauce to serve over hot cooked chicken. Reserve chicken broth (and chill it) to thin sauce slightly. A food processor or grinder can be used on the walnuts and garlic.
- 1 whole chicken, cut in pieces and boiled until 180 degrees F internal temperature (about 1 hour)
- 2 cups walnuts, ground
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, pulverized
- salt, to taste
- saffron, to taste
- Cook the chicken, cut into pieces. It will take about 1 hour of boiling to reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees Fahrenheit. (A pressure cooker could speed this up.).
- Grind the walnuts.
- Pound the garlic with the salt (or mix in food processor).
- Sprinkle the ground walnuts with saffron.
- Add the garlic mixture and squeeze the mass so that the excess oil comes out.
- Then dilute the mixture with chilled broth. The sauce should have a thick consistency but flow easily.
- Put the chicken in sauce in soup bowls and serve.